Events in Lille and its Metropolis
- From Saturday 27 February to Sunday 05 June 2016 :
The exhibition will offer a journey through the work of Amedeo Modigliani by exploring three aspects of a short but productive career... In the first place, the exhibition will highlight the dialogue that the young, classically trained Itadian artist maintained with sculpture from Antiquity and from non-Western traditions.
Another central dimension to his work was his practice of portraiture, which will hold a dominant place in the itinerary. Focus will be placed on the portraits that he made of his friends, most of them also part of the relationship between Modigliani and Dutilleul: between 1918 and 1946, the latter acquired about thirty paintings and a great many drawings by the artist covering all periods. That makes Roger Dutilleul, along with Dr Arnold Netter, one of the leading collectors of the artist's work.
LaM, 1 allée du Musée in Villeneuve d'Ascq - More information on LaM's website
- From Wednesday 06 to Sunday 10 April 2016 : Paris - Roubaix Cycling Race
- Wednesday, April 6th: Paris-Roubaix breakaway. A coach tour from Roubaix to Wallers following all the famous landmarks of this legendary race.
- From April 8th: Paris-Roubaix: the legend. A preview exhibition, a place full of memory and experiences, the prelude to a Paris-Roubaix museum
- Friday, April 8th: La Nuit du Vélo. An evening at the Stab velodrome consisting of competitions, interviews with top cyclists, concerts, and live auctions to benefit digestive illnesses.
- Saturday, April 9th: Paris-Roubaix Challenge. The eve of the race, 5,500 cyclists from all over the globe will attack the cobblestones. Come cheer them on as they make their grand entrance to the velodrome!
- Sunday, April 10th: Paris-Roubaix. At 1:00 PM, you can experience the race live on the big screen at the Roubaix velodrome. Take part in a plethora of cycling-related activities, and don't miss out on the incoming rumble of the first riders to arrive, which takes place around 5:00 PM depending on the pace of the race.
For more info: www.roubaixtourisme.com
More information about the events in the Metropolis : www.visitlilles.com